Friday, August 11, 2017

The Circle of Life

"Hey, any of you guys seen Doug?"
"Last I checked, he was hauling this huge piece of hot dog bun off Penwasser's back deck."
"Huge?  Why didn't any of you mutts give him a hand?"
"We didn't have to.  We can lift many times our own weight.
We're ants, Lou.  Duh."
"So what happened to hi...yeah, Stewart?"
"Well, all of a sudden, we saw this foot-shaped shadow.  We got the hell outta there, but Doug thought it was an eclipse."
"What?  Who'd be stupid enough to think that?"
"Well, we're not terribly bright, you know.
Once again...ants."

13 comments:

  1. RIP Doug

    They better watch out for the magnified sun ray that may come next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't do something nearly as childish.
      Plus, it's a cloudy day.

      Delete
  2. Poor Doug. And whose big mean foot came down on him?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug never knew what happened. Did you squish the hot dog bun as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. The funny thing is, it happened JUST before I wrote this. Sometimes, I see things and wonder if there's any comedy value. After I squished him, I thought to myself, "Who will miss him back at the anthill?"

      Delete
  4. If not the foot, the gluten would have killed them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were Lite Hot Dog rolls.
      I have NO earthly clue what that means.

      Delete
  5. should've worn the ant-sized eclipse glasses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stealing food... They got what they deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever actually managed to successfully step on an ant before. They're so small that they somehow always end up in the grooves on my sole or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mean he was stealing your hot dog bun? I think you should hang him and any ant that road with him.

    ReplyDelete